SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Aspen Ladd showed exemplary professionalism in the wake of her controversial loss to Germaine de Randamie in the UFC on ESPN+ 13 main event.

In the biggest fight of her career Saturday, Ladd (8-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) suffered a 16-second TKO loss to de Randamie (9-3 MMA, 6-1 UFC) in the women’s bantamweight headliner at Golden1 Center.

The result was somewhat marred by controversy, though, because many believe referee Herb Dean waved off the action too soon. Ladd wasn’t willing to place the blame on Dean, though, and said she got dropped because she was caught “staying still a little bit too long.”

“I lost the fight,” Ladd told MMA Junkie post-fight at UFC on ESPN+ 13. “Germaine’s a great competitor. I was still aware, so I wish he hadn’t stopped the fight, but there’s nothing I can do about it now.

“Referees have a tough job. They have to make split-second decisions. This one did not go my way so I wish it hadn’t occurred, but I really can’t tell you what he saw. I haven’t spoke to him after. No hard feelings.”

Ladd said she intends to take some time to digest the setback against de Randamie. It’s been a busy stretch for the 25-year-old, who had a fight canceled against Holly Holm in March, defeated Sijara Eubanks in May then took the headliner at UFC on ESPN+ 13 on less than two months’ notice.

That’s a hectic schedule for anyone, and Ladd is keen for time off.

“There really hasn’t been a break this year,” Ladd said. “I’ll take it a little bit easy. Maybe do a little bit of traveling, but as soon as I get the call for the next one, we’ll be back.”

Ladd said she would “absolutely” accept a rematch with de Randamie if the opportunity ever came up, but her goal now is to move forward. She said her worrisome weight cut plaued no role in the quick loss, but did admit there are things she can do better in every facet of the game going into her next fight.

For complete coverage of UFC on ESPN+ 13, check out the UFC Results.